(This offer includes lifelong access to our Soil Advocate Training and enrollment in the Fall 2021 Live Cohort.)
Taught by Kiss the Ground Co-founder Finian Makepeace, our Soil Advocate Training (SAT) is a robust introduction to regeneration and training program designed to equip people with in-depth knowledge about the key solutions available through soil regeneration and how to use these concepts to create real impact and inspire hope. The course is evergreen, meaning once you have access, you may take it at your own pace on your own time. Note: it is encouraged that you go through each module that corresponds with the weekly Cohort discussions. See more below.
What you'll get from SAT:
- An 8-module program with more than 8 hours of content including lectures, exercises, expert interviews, “challenges,” and a highly curated reading and resources list.
- Ability to speak on healthy soil and regenerative agriculture as a solution for:
- global warming
- flooding, drought & fire
- human health
- food security
- freshwater availability
- farmer prosperity
- extinction/biodiversity loss
- Public speaking confidence: tips and methods for increasing your ability to present or speak to any audience.
- A professional slide deck to use for future educational talks or speaking engagements.
- Access to a worldwide soil health community of like-minded and inspired activists from all over the world.
- Monthly graduate webinars to connect with the KTG team, your fellow soil advocates, and experts.
- Peer-to-peer connection, support, and learning with our network for students where feedback is available and your projects get support.
- Lifelong access to all course content, exercises, action links, and Kiss the Ground's Resource Library.
By the end of the course, students will feel empowered with in-depth knowledge about the key solutions to soil regeneration to confidently advocate to a variety of audience. If you are an advocate, business owner, influencer, politician, policy maker, thought-leader, gardener, farmer, educator, or someone who supports the transition of agriculture from conventional to regenerative, this course is for you.
Live Cohort: What to Expect
In addition to lifelong access to SAT’s evergreen, online course material, the immersive Live Cohort includes 90-minute live group sessions every Wednesday for 9 weeks that highlight the key topics in SAT, facilitated virtually by Finian Makepeace and Don Smith. By enrolling in the Live Cohort, you will join a diverse, growing network of thousands of soil advocates; engage in group discussions to debrief what you learn each week through SAT with fellow students, teachers, and guest experts; collaborate and practice your advocacy; engage in remote networking opportunities outside of class; receive long-term support from teachers and other advocates; and more.
“To say that this course is life-changing would be an understatement. I went into this course as I was curious about what regenerative agriculture was but finished it wanting to take action. The people I met in the online course from all over the world are all inspiring and it's always interesting to see what each person is doing it. I'd recommend this course for anyone because you get to learn about an issue that's much greater than yourself.” SAT and Cohort Graduate, 2021
LIVE COHORT DATES: Sept 29 - Nov 24 (9 sessions across 9 weeks).
WEEKLY SESSIONS: Wednesdays at 11:30am-1:00pm PST (TIME ZONE CONVERTER). Each session follows a module in SAT:
- September 29 - Welcome and Introduction to the Cohort
- October 6 - The Big "Aha": How Rebuilding Soil Is the Solution
- October 13 - Understanding Regeneration
- October 20 - The Power of Empowered Advocates
- October 27 - Regenerative vs Degenerative
- November 3 - Soil Health, Human Health
- November 10 - Replenishing Fresh Water Sources & Small Water Cycles
- November 17 - Making The Case
- November 24 - Welcome To Your Movement
PLATFORMS USED: Kajabi (SAT Classroom), Mighty Networks (Community platform used for questions and connection), and Zoom (weekly cohort gathering place).
***RECORDINGS WILL ALWAYS BE OFFERED TO COHORT STUDENTS WHO CANNOT JOIN IN PERSON***